There are many areas, where your help with specific information on (van) O. persons, will be most appreciated, especially with:
- More information on the three "patriarchs" in the Netherlands:
- Lijsbeth van Ossenbroeck b.~1420. In 1453 Lijsbeth van Ossenbroeck (jonkvrouw) and her servant Oda (dienstmaagd) paid an entrance fee to the Illustre Lieve Vrouwe Broederschap in Kleef (Cleves).
- Anna van Ossenbrugge b.~1585. Married to Judocus Wylich and mother of Willem Wylich, who is buried in the Sint Jan's cathedral in 's-Hertogenbosch.
- After 1616 Agnes Catharina Gravin van Limburg en Bronckhorst vrouwe tot Well takes the widow (Elisabeth von Virmund) of her husband's uncle Johan von Ossenbroich to court about Heerlijkheid Blitterswijck. In the courtpapers he is called Jan Embden tot Ossenbroeck. Why Embden?
- Hendrick van Osenbrugge, whose wife Petronella was the sister of the famous painter Gerard Houckgeest.
Slide 1 of 5
Silver plate was described in a National Arts and Crafts exhibition in Dordrecht in 1897 as:
"Silver collection plate with chased foot, originating from the Dutch Reformed Church in Hoorn with inscription: Hermen Ottessoon van Osenbrugh obit 8 December". Click gray arrow on the right for next slide.
Information on Hermen Ottessoon van Osenbrugh, who died in 1640. We have a few Hermans in our database, but no Otto around this time. Click on the picture to view a slideshow of a silver collection plate, which was a prized possession of Queen Juliana.
- Conrad (van) Ossenbroeck lived in Nijmegen in the late 1690 and early 1700s. Documents show his name in many different spellings -including Conradus Ossenbruckum (Latin) which shows that he was a learned person, from a well to do family.
- Ritter Joh. Martin v. Ossenbruch zu Haldern in 1829.
- More information on all Ossenbruch family members, after 1750 in Germany, especially on the right side of this page.
If you are a (van) O. with one of the names listed on the scroll on the Welcome page, then we would gladly add your personalia to existing people in this database.